Pool Pump Rebate
Pool pumps cause some of the highest levels of waste in energy use during the summer. Your standard pool has one to two speeds and is designed to run at maximum speed every time it’s on. Which means whether you’re circulating water, running a fountain, or actually cleaning your pool your pump is running at maximum capacity and requiring maximum energy. You can drastically create energy savings by installing a variable speed pool pump when you build your pool or decide to upgrade your current equipment. And do so through the APS energy efficient pools program that gives you a rebate for your purchase to lower the cost of purchase so you can install one of these pumps for a fraction of the cost and make a huge improvement in your home equipment.
Variable speed pumps should be installed with every pool and if you don’t have one you’ve been given a disservice. We say this so strongly because unlike the inefficient induction motors used in single and two-speed pumps, variable speed pumps are built on a permanent magnet motor. Which is the same type of motor used in electric cars and allows the owner to “dial in” the exact flow rate they need for their pool. So you don’t pay any more than you have to, which usually means you save somewhere around 90% from your current energy costs. Energy efficiency is optimized and when you reduce the flow rate of water, you incur less friction, which makes your entire system runs as efficient as possible and you stop losing money to poor technology.
Variable speed pool pumps are also much quieter, vibrate less, run cooler, last longer, are digitally controlled, and produce advanced diagnostics for your use. This typically equates to you reducing your operating costs down to only $20 per month. And for your information we’ve added a comprehensive list of the features you’ll get from a variable speed pool pump installation:
- ENERGY STAR® Certified: meets strict energy efficiency criteria set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Energy savings up to 90% versus traditional pumps.
- 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer to ensure the pump runs at optimum speed and duration.
- Permanent magnet motor design was built for greater efficiency and longer pump life.
- Dramatically quieter operation – as low as 4 times quieter than most traditional-style pumps.
- Fully compatible with most pool systems.
- Controls for managing pump, heating, lighting, spa jets and water features.
- Built in diagnostics protect the pump for longer service life.